Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Chief Executive Officer
- Strengthen executive leadership across the region
- Explore an optimal, integrated and leading health system design
- Evolve the system, driving improved population health outcomes
Serving a combined population of 452,000 with a team of 8700 staff and budget of over $1.5bn, Hutt Valley District Health Board (HVDHB) and Capital and Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) have a long history of working together given their proximity and the degree of mutual dependence for the provision of services to their populations.
Following a Board initiated review to assist both organisations to better understand the “potential benefits, risks and essential activities to strengthen Executive leadership in the region” it has been decided that the appointment of a single Chief Executive across the two District Health Boards (DHBs) further strengthens their commitment to a more integrated and sustainable health service for the region.
Enhancing equity and improving access to services are issues facing all health systems and the new Chief Executives pressing priorities will be to:
- Work with the Board Chair and Boards to confirm the mission, purpose and strategic direction for CCDHB and HVDHB
- Design a work programme which incorporates a comprehensive review of health service provision, including what a high performing, integrated and leading healthcare system might look like for the region
- Shift the focus of care into community and primary services while maintaining excellent hospital based acute care
- Improve access to and equity of outcome for services with a focus on Māori and Pasifika
- Ensure the ongoing financial sustainability of both District Health Boards.
The successful candidate will possess substantial experience in a major leadership role and a track record of success in managing large and complex organisations combined with sound knowledge of the New Zealand public sector and health sector. Considering the unique nature of the role, they must also have a demonstrated understanding of the complexities of sound corporate management and governance with significant experience of reporting to a Board. Finally, and central to their career profile, will be demonstrated success of working with diverse communities to deliver positive outcomes.
To explore the role further, please get in touch with Pete Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0)448 729 077.
To access the Candidate Information Pack, visit: https://hardygroupintl.com/job/84/Applications Close: 01/02/2019
Job no: H19_2973
Location: Lower Hutt, Masterton, Wellington, Wellington Region
Closing Date: Friday, 1 February 2019