Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Advanced Hand Therapist - Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist
Location: Hutt Hospital
Contract: Fixed term - 0.5 FTE, starting April 2021
ABOUT THE SERVICE
The Hand Therapy service provides assessment and treatment to clients referred to Hutt Valley DHB under Ministry of Health and ACC contracts. Treatment may be provided in an outpatient setting, specialist outpatient hand clinics or on the inpatient wards as required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, registered Hand Therapist. This is an opportunity to be a part of a great team of hand therapists working closely with the Wellington Regional Plastics, Maxillofacial and Burns Unit, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology. You will be working in an outpatient setting and oversee a varied caseload including acute trauma, post-surgical intervention and Ministry of Health clients, providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and rehabilitation service to clients referred with upper limb conditions.
This is an Advanced Clinical role. You will be required to:
- Provide safe and clinically effective patient/client assessment and intervention with demonstration of advanced knowledge and skills to manage complex presentations
- Provide day to day clinical leadership including providing clinical support and advice to others.
- Work closely with the team coordinator and professional lead on clinical assurance and quality activities
- Promote professional practice based on best practice and research
A physiotherapy role description has been uploaded but please contact us for the OT role description
This is a fixed term position, 0.5 FTE, 20 hours per week, to cover parental leave starting early April 2021.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong communication skills written and verbal with clients and colleagues
- Clinical experience and advanced knowledge relevant to hand therapy
- Clinical leadership
- The integration of evidence and research into practice
You will need to be registered with the Physiotherapy Board NZ or Occupational Therapy Board NZ and have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC). You will also need to be registered member of Hand Therapy NZ.
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include our newly developed staff 'Wellness Program', discounts
from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. You can also apply and see a copy of the job description through our careers website: huttvalleydhb.org.nz. Please note: For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
further information on this role, please email our Recruitment Team and indicate the vacancy
number 113968-20 and job title in the subject line.