Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Consultant Psychiatrist - Psychogeriatrician
ABOUT THE SERVICE
The Older Persons Mental Health (OPMH) Service is based at Hutt Hospital and provides specialist services to people over the age of 65 who present with mental health problems or dementia with significant behavioural and psychological symptoms. The service is mostly provided in the community but those requiring acute assessment and treatment have access to inpatient beds at Hutt Hospital managed by the OPMH service. We are a high functioning, collegial and interdisciplinary team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Specialist Psychiatrist to work on a permanent 0.4FTE (32 hours a fortnight) basis as an older person’s consultant. Ideally these hours would be spread across three days per week. The Older Persons Mental Health service is an experienced multidisciplinary team and has the equivalent of 1.7 full time equivalent psychiatrists. The service provides community assessment and treatment, time limited case management and liaison services. We work in partnership with patients, their families, General Practitioners, other clinical teams and community carers and supports to achieve the best possible health outcome for our patients.
What we offer:
We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes.
You will be expected to:
- Provide high quality diagnosis, treatment and follow up of clients
- Provide treatment in a community setting of a broad range of diagnoses and often complex co-morbidities. Usually in private homes or facilities
- Provide treatment and clinical oversight of inpatients in Older Persons Mental Health specific beds when cover is requested by fellow consultants.
- Work together with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide advice and support to colleagues in primary care
- Hold responsibility for the management of patients subject to compulsory treatment
- Supervise psychiatry registrars and medical students as needed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally registered psychiatrist with Medical Council of NZ approval to practise as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Experience in working with Inpatient and Community Older Adult MH Services
- Experience in providing clinical leadership in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Have a current driver’s license
To be a good team fit you will have good sense of humour and a flexible style of working.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email email@example.com and indicate the vacancy number 8111350A-19 and job title in the subject line.
Job no: 8111350A-19
Location: Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt
Closing Date: Sunday, 14 July 2019