Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Community Health Services provides a variety of nursing services with a focus on quality health care, and working alongside patients and their whānau to achieve optimum health outcomes.
District Nursing is part of the network of community-based healthcare delivery services that aims to work in partnership with others to support treatment, rehabilitation, long-term condition management and enable individuals to maximise their independence.
We have a 0.6 FTE vacancy for a Registered Nurse within the team who will work alongside the Clinical Nurse Specialist Wound Care to provide nursing advice, education, and support for patients and their families where wounds are failing to progress. They will be part of the community nursing team that provides lower limb and Doppler assessment for people who met the criteria.
This role will focus on
- Improving the time to Doppler and time to the healing.
- Assessing the suitability and utilisation of equipment and consumables in collaboration with the caseload DN, the person and their family.
- Enhancing positive health outcomes, preventing further loss of skin integrity and preventing systemic complications and self-management.
- Providing support for complex case management in collaboration with the wider multidisciplinary team.
- Participating in the Community Specialist Wound Care service, planning, implementing and evaluating standards of care in line with evidence based practice.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse with a special interest in wound care who is keen to develop their skills with the support of the CNS specialist wound care and wider community team for their ongoing professional development.
The ideal candidate will be confident completing a comprehensive nursing assessment and clinical investigations to confirm underlying aetiology of ulceration, pressure injury and other non-healing wounds.They would have successfully completed a post graduate certificate in nursing or working towards completion.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 9111988-19 and job title in the subject line.
Job no: 9111988-19
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2019