Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
General Surgeon / Kaipoka torowhānui
Location: Hutt Hospital
Contract: Permanent – part time 0.5 FTE
Start date: Mid 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hutt Valley District Health Board (HVDHB) are looking to appoint a dynamic individual within our General Surgery Department who has a specialty interest in breast disease.
Working at the Hutt Valley DHB you will become part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed team of health workers providing a modern and innovative approach to healthcare, with the bonus of a healthy, balanced lifestyle and opportunities for professional development. Hutt Valley DHB provides secondary services for a population of approximately 148,000, as well as being the tertiary centre for regional plastic, maxillofacial and burns services, the regional rheumatology and school dental services and the greater Wellington public health. We also the lead provider of the National Breast Screening Aotearoa Programme for breast screening services.
Only 15 minutes from the Wellington CBD, the Hutt Valley is home to many outdoor attractions and a haven for art lovers and beach goers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our General Surgery Department provides high-quality care to people referred to the department with a wide range of acute and electives surgical conditions.
The general surgery team is friendly and supportive, welcoming new ideas and innovative developments in patient care. We are a clinically led organisation that strives to achieve the best for our staff and fundamentally for our patients. If you are a kind and enthusiastic clinician, motivating leader, knowledgeable educator and nurturing mentor you belong with us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Acute and Elective Surgery
- Symptomatic Breast and General Surgery Clinics
- Work with the lead Surgeon for the Breast Screening Programme to ensure that services are delivered in line with Ministry of Health guidelines
- Support and leadership of junior medical staff
- Working alongside and supporting nurse specialists
- An active role in interdisciplinary team education
An interest in oncoplastic surgery is an advantage and other speciality interests will be considered including endocrine surgery.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible work/life balance in a friendly and relaxed metropolitan location
- Part-time options - ongoing position
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Generous and flexible annual leave entitlements
- Indemnity Insurance provided
- An attractive relocation package including relocation assistance
HOW TO APPLY
We welcome informal enquiries and visits. For further information on this role, please email our Recruitment Team. Or complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz. You can also view a copy of the job description here.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!