Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Care Assistant - TWA
Our Mental Health Inpatient area in the Hutt Valley, Te Whare Ahuru (TWA), has a dynamic and enthusiastic team, with a passion for providing specialist services and treatment to acutely unwell service users/tangata whaiora. This is part of Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service MHAIDS 3DHB
TWA are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Health Care Assistant/Mental Health Support Worker. The ideal candidate will support service users/tangata whaiora to identify their strengths, goals and support them during a stressful time in their lives.
You will have
- Good oral and written English and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic keyboard skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- The ability to work under direction but also carry out non-patient/whanau related tasks independently.
- Awareness and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A certificate in Mental Health Support work or equivalent or currently training to become a health professional.
- A current NZ driver’s licence.
- Complete a satisfactory police check.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email David.Taylor@huttvalleydhb.org.nz
Job no: SSHT12-19
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Monday, 5 August 2019