Integration Lead (Pacific Focus)
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
• An exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager looking for a change
• Key role with capacity to influence and improve Pacific health outcomes
• DHB based with time in primary care (PHO), whole of system focus
• Join a dynamic, innovative and progressive team
• Hutt Valley based
We are seeking to recruit a 2-year fixed-term Integration Lead – Pacific focus, and we’re looking for someone to join the Pacific Health Unit within Hutt Valley District Health Board who will lead the integration work of the HVDHB, working closely with Te Awakairangi Health Network (the local Primary Health Organisation), General Practices and Pacific providers.
The role will be to support health integration activities across the Hutt Valley aimed at improving health outcomes of our Pacific population.
We are seeking a skilled person to work across our providers, assisting them to develop, deliver and extend the services offered to our Pacific population. You will be leading the development, implementation and facilitation of programmes, projects and services, seeking opportunities to integrate existing providers and extending what they are able to offer, making effective use of the resources available.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to diversify and enrich your health system experience.
You will be working across the primary care and Pacific providers and within a small team in the DHB with good analytical backup and support. The role will report to the Director, Pacific Health with links to the Chief Executive, Te Awakairangi Health Network.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic team player with the following skills and attributes:
- An acknowledged and respected project leader with experience and interest in developing health programmes that improve Pacific health outcomes and contribute to the integration of services across the health system
- Effective relationship building and interpersonal skills, and well versed in Pacific protocols and a Pacific language
- Demonstrated results in leading, developing and facilitating programmes and engaging other health care professionals in delivering these
- An understanding of the general practice context, culture and its role as a provider in the wider healthcare system
- Familiarity with integration initiatives across primary/secondary care and emerging health care home models
- Effective report writing, presentation and project management skills
- Experience managing and delivering on multiple programmes of work
- Motivation for making a difference to Pacific health outcomes in our community
- Strong interest in population health, equity and working with the wider social sector
For more information please contact the unit on either (04) 570 9367 or 027 889 5994.
Please apply online: https://huttvalleydhb.careercentre.net.nz.
Closing date: Fri 1 Sep 2017
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: 1 Sep 2017