Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist - Hutt South Community
We have a vacancy for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our integrated multi-disciplinary community team. If you have excellent clinical skills, are well-organised with mental health experience and enjoy working in the community environment this may be the role for you. You will be working with an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to consumers family/whanau that may require access to mental health and addiction services. This is part of the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service.
This is an opportunity to develop competencies in mental health treatment in a supportive and positive learning environment.
- Be expected to undertake comprehensive assessments and risk management plans, functional assessments formulate and articulate treatment needs and plans
- Provide individual/group counselling pertaining to specific health discipline
- Case manage and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their families
- Have the ability to liaise with other health providers, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users.
We offer an exciting work environment, the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings and support with on-going professional development.
- Current Professional registration and practising certificate
- Experience in working from a strengths perspective.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with Mental and Addiction health issues.
- Demonstrated competence in communicating with a wide range of people, leading meetings and documenting outcomes and plans.
- Legally eligible to work in NZ
- Full Drivers Licence
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Fae.Logovae@huttvalleydhb.org.nz
Job no: AHHT20-19
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Monday, 28 October 2019