Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Permanent House Officer positions covering Orthopaedics Surgery
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
- Permanent House Officer positions covering Orthopaedics Surgery
- MUST be PGY2 plus
- Hutt Regional Hospital
- RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to the RDA MECA or STONZ MECA
Moū – About you
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who have completed at least one full year of work and are therefore considered PGY2+, or are due to complete PGY1 by the role commencement date.
- You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
- Home to the NZ Government, Wellington is a vibrant place to live and work and has repeatedly been voted as New Zealand’s top lifestyle city. Wellington is considered cultural and creative hub of the country and hosts numerous cultural events as well as live theatre, music and festivals. We are renowned for our café culture, nightlife, fantastic restaurants, sparkling harbour, surf spots, amazing views, outdoor activities and close proximity to vineyards ensuring you are never short of activities to do outside of working hours. For more information about living in Wellington, visit the Discover Wellington website
- You will love working with us as you will have the opportunity to rotate across our three Regional DHBs and includes the possibility of Rural attachments without having to leave the region
- As we are a large employer and include a tertiary hospital, there are vast career progression opportunities available due to the high number of Registrar positions and wide range of specialties across the region. We also ensure that formal and informal teaching sessions are available to all of our RMO’s
- We allow and support opportunities for advancement with many of our House Officers progressing to our competitive Registrar positions across the region.
- We offer weekly teaching sessions on diverse topics to support your on-going medical education.
- Our rotational agreement with Hutt Valley and Masterton will see you serve a diverse population and allow you to gain experience and exposure to a large variety of cases in other hospitals.
Our Hospitals and ServicesJoin our fellow 535 Resident Medical Officers employed by the 3 District Health Boards of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB’s) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
Hutt Valley Hospital is a level 2 Hospital is situated just 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Wellington, employs approximately 1500 staff and currently has around 270 beds with plans to increase this further. We provide care for Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt cities and services an ethnically diverse population of 139,000 people.
Hutt Hospital provides specialist regional services in plastic and maxillofacial surgery for the Wellington Region. The surgical allocation is split between 27 general surgical and gynaecology beds, 22 orthopaedic and 27 plastic surgery beds.
WELLINGTON & KENEPURU HOSPITAL
Wellington Hospital is a large tertiary referral teaching hospital, located in Wellington city. Medical registrars are based in Wellington with rotations through Kenepuru Hospital (a level 1 hospital, 20 minutes north of Wellington)
Wairarapa Hospital in Masterton is a busy rural hospital with up to 92 beds, covering all aspects of secondary health care. Wairarapa Hospital provides 24-hour acute/emergency services covering medical, surgical, obstetric, paediatric, assessment and rehabilitation for young and older adults, high dependency care and mental health.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to applyClick the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email RES-RMORecruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Job no: BLAN3116986
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: May close sooner