Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Public Health Advisor - Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs
Regional Public Health is hiring.
- Full time positon - (40 Hours a week)
- Public Health Advisor- Liquor Licensing and Smokefree Enforcement
- Based at Hutt Hospital campus
Are you an experienced Health Protection Officer, or have experience in enforcement and care about improving the health of our population?
RPH is looking for a fulltime person to carry out health promotion, assessments, inquiries and enforcement in relation to Liquor License applications under the Sale and Supply of Alcochol Act 2012, and the Smokefree Environments Act 1990.
As a RPH Public Health Advisoryou’ll have excellent inquiry, negotiation and presentation skills.
You’ll be comfortable undertaking monitoring activities, initiating enforcement action including evidence gathering, and writing Briefs Of Evidence.
You’ll enjoy presenting at hearings, and working alongside other public health advisors, Medical Officers of Health, managers and external stakeholders including Police and Council liquor license inspectors.
An aptitude for teamwork is essential. You’ll also need to be a polished written and oral communicator, able to present your work in crisp, simple language to a variety of audiences.
Improving Māori health outcomes and reducing inequities are key priorities in this role. Commitment to improving health equity, and experience in analysis and presentation of data accessible and relevant to Māori, is ideal.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 is desirable
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Smokefree Environments Act 1990 is desirable
- Health Protection Officer designated or previous enforcement experience in other sectors
- Knowledge of delivering, facilitating and / or co-ordinating health promotion programmes, campaigns and projects
- A Public Health qualification (desirable)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective intersectoral, operational and community relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the ability to apply this in your work
- Ability to work across cultures in a way that respects and values diversity
- Knowledge of key frameworks and practices in health promotion and public health
- An understanding of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health
- Able to carry out inquiries against the Acts and initiate enforcement action, including evidence gathering, writing Briefs Of Evidence, and presenting at hearings
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Windows based software
- Full drivers licence
Regional Public Health is one of the three larger public health units in New Zealand and often takes a national leadership role. RPH provides public health services to the greater Wellington region, including the Wairarapa.
How to Apply
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email Jem.Pupich@huttvalleydhb.org.nz and indicate the vacancy number 9112344-19 and job title in the subject line.
Applicants must have permanent residency or a valid long term working visa to be considered for this position.
Job no: 9112344-19
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 August 2019