Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Public Health Medicine Specialist / Medical Officer of Health
Location: Hutt Hospital
Service: Regional Public Health
Contract: Permanent - Full time
About the role
Regional Public Health serves the greater Wellington region, through its three district health boards (DHBs): Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa and as a service is part of the Hutt Valley District Health Board. We are one of the largest Public Health Units in New Zealand. We work with our communities to make them a healthier, safer place to live. We promote good health, prevent disease, and improve the quality of life for our population, with a particular focus on children, Māori and Pacific peoples.
- Co-lead our Health in All Policies approach across the greater Wellington region, with multiple stakeholders
- Contribute to effective health promotion, public health advocacy and integrated projects.
- Contribute to the MOoH on-call roster to provide 24-hour cover across the region
Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualification and experience in public health medicine; vocational registration in public health medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand and able to be designated by the Director-General of Health as a Medical Officer as Health.
- An understanding of health inequities and the wider determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ability to apply this in your work
- Proven leadership and experience in public health including a track record of taking an innovative and entrepreneurial approach.
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Everyone knows that Wellington is all about the three Cs – capital, culture and coffee, but not many people are aware that there’s an amazing city within this famous little capital. Lower Hutt City has great sports facilities, arts and culture, popular shopping and fast public transport to Wellington’s CBD. Nestled between two mountain ranges, and with a beautiful river running through it, this city is a truly exceptional place to be.
How to apply
Please note: For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For further information on this role, please email our Recruitment Team and indicate the vacancy number 1114160A-21 and job title in the subject line.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed