Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Nurse Rheumatology
Our role is based in the Wellington Regional Rheumatology Unit at Hutt Hospital and at clinics held across the sub region at Wellington Regional Hospital, Kenepuru Hospital and in Greytown. We have a team of 4 senior nurses who work alongside a wider clinical team of 6 SMO’s and a Registrar. The service has recently undergone a large change management project with the aim of improving our capacity to see patients, we are well in to the implementation phase which has seen an increase in nursing involvement with our clinics. Our nurses are an integral part of the service.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated nurse to join our specialised team of senior nurses.
As our new team member you will:
- Provide effective nursing assessment, care planning and evaluation of patients
- Provide education and support to patients to improve self-management
- Work with other members of the team in identifying, planning and implementing positive changes to models of practice.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with the interdisciplinary team to support enhanced health outcomes for patients
- Contribute to and maintain evidence based practice and research to support high quality, safe and effective patient care.
We have a strong improvement culture within our service and have many upcoming improvement projects ear marked for 2019. As part of this role you will need to be open to travel within the region for clinics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Senior Nurse or experienced outpatient RN
- Experience in Rheumatology or other chronic/pain conditions desired
- Strong communication skills necessary
- Experience in peer education
- Confident working autonomously as well as in a team
- Initiative and a can do attitude
- Full Drivers licence
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 8111489-19 and job title in the subject lin
Job no: 8111489-19
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 February 2019