Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Child Health Immunisation
Nau mai, haere mai ki whanau ora ki Te Awakairangi
Location: Hutt Hospital
Service: Regional Public Health
Contract: Permanent - full time
Salary: $90,000 - $105,000
About Regional Public Health
Regional Public Health (RPH) is one of the three larger public health units in New Zealand and as such often takes on a national leadership role. RPH provides public health services to the greater Wellington region, including Wairarapa (population of approximately 521,500).
Emphasis is placed on leadership, teamwork, the wider determinants of health and the reduction of health inequalities, Maori health, Pacific Peoples health and other vulnerable groups including young people. This team has focus on child immunisation.
About the role
As our new Team Leader you will provide leadership and management for the Immunisation Team within the Child Health Cluster. Working with the Manager, Service Delivery and other members of Child Health Leadership group you will provide leadership and strategic direction across RPH as well as being directly responsible for the delivery of an effective Immunisation programme across the region.
Skills and Experience
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate staff and build strong effective networks with colleagues
- Able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Māori communities
- An understanding of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ability to apply this in your work
- Ability to work across cultures in a way that respects and values diversity
- Relevant tertiary qualification
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
How to apply
Please note: For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For further information on this role, please email our Recruitment Team and indicate the vacancy number 1114210-21 and job title in the subject line.
HVDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed