Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader Child Health – Kaiarataki Kaimahi, Hauora Tamariki
Nau mai, haere mai ki whanau ora ki Te Awakairangi
Location: Hutt Hospital
Service: Regional Public Health
Contract: Permanent - full time
Salary: $90,000 - $105,000
He aha te kai a te rangatira? He kōrero,
he kōrero, he kōrero.
What is the food of the leader? It is knowledge. It is communication.
About Regional Public Health
Regional Public Health (RPH) is one of the three larger public health units in New Zealand and as such often takes on a national leadership role. RPH provides public health services to the greater Wellington region, including Wairarapa (population of approximately 521,500).
Emphasis is placed on leadership, teamwork, the wider determinants of health and the reduction of health inequalities, Maori health, Pacific Peoples health and other vulnerable groups including young people.
About the Role
The successful candidate will provide strengths-based leadership and management for the Child Health nursing team that have a focus on improving Māori and Pasifika Health throughout the Porirua and Wellington region. You will lead this diverse team to continue to grow and contribute to Government and District Health Board priorities within the RPH structure and framework. Your wider working relationships with include the Manager Service Delivery, other Team Leaders, Clinical Nurse Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists and other members of the Child Health Cluster group who provide a collaborative approach to leadership across the cluster. This role is primarily based in our Porirua base with the need to attend regular Hui at our Hutt base (at Hutt Hospital).
Skills and Experience
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate staff and build strong effective networks with colleagues
- Able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Māori communities
- Proven experience working within Māori models of health and Māori communities
- An understanding of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ability to apply this in your work
- Ability to work across cultures in a way that respects and values diversity
- Proven experience in business processes
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to establish and maintain effective intersectional, strategic and community relationships
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
How to apply
Please note: For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For further information on this role, please email our Recruitment Team and indicate the vacancy number 1114210-21 and job title in the subject line.
HVDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed